Terms and Conditions
Welcome to www.extra.com (Referred to as “the website/ online service).
This website is provided by eXtra, a subsidiary of United Electronics Company in Bahrain. The website is operated by eXtra (referred to as "we/our/us"). As a user (referred to as "you/your/Customer") of the website, you must read and acknowledge below the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).By purchasing via the website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
Please read carefully before using the online service. We reserve the right to edit these Terms and Conditions at any time. Using the website after editing any of the Terms and Conditions is considered approval to be bound by these modified Terms and Conditions.
Click the subject to expand
Use of the website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" as per local Contract Acts are not eligible to use the website.
Those who choose to access the website from outside of BAHRAIN are responsible for compliance with local laws whenever applicable.
Except where additional conditions are provided which are specific to products or services, these Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings, or agreements.
By using the website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website, including and not limited to:
- Accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account that you are not authorized to access.
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Attempting to interfere with service to any other user, host, or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the website, overloading, and “flooding”, “spamming,“ mail bombing “or crashing".
- Sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services.
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability in most of the cases.
You agree not to use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activity being conducted on the website.
The website will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
We view the protection of your privacy as a very important community principle. We understand clearly that you and Your Information are one of our most important assets. We store and process Your Information on our servers located in Al Khobar that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. We use third parties to verify and certify our privacy principles. If you object to Your Information being transferred or used in any way, please forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or deem not to use the website.
We do not sell or rent Your Information to any third parties without your explicit consent.
Registration includes the information (Your Information) that you need to provide us to deal with us and to contact you as well. You agree that we may use (and update) your Information to manage your registration and control your identity during the online checkout process.
The website assumes no liability to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you in protecting your password or account. Any suspicious activities on your account shall be notified by contacting us immediately through any means (contact us).
As you buy from eXtra stores, you also consent to receive any type of our electronic communication including Emails, Newsletters, SMS, and notifications from our website, unless you initiate a request to stop the advertising communication from eXtra by SMS or Email.
As you use the website and communicate with us electronically, you also consent to receive any type of our electronic communication including Emails, Newsletters, SMS, and notifications from our website, unless you initiate a request to stop the advertising communication from eXtra by SMS or Email.
You agree that any communication that we provide to you electronically satisfies any legal requirement, as in writing.
eXtra obtains the basic customer information such as mobile number, email address, Name, or address from the customer solely while we do not obtain any information about customers from any external parties, we also do not obtain the customer’s information without their knowledge according to Personal Data Protection System in the Kingdom of BAHRAIN.
In case you want to stop receiving advertising communication from eXtra, you can easily initiate a request by contacting us on our social media channels calling our customer services team on our free number 80008300, or by filling the request to stop the communication via this link.
eXtra does not share the customers’ information with any external parties under any circumstances according to the Personal Data Protection System in the Kingdom of BAHRAIN.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email, or other electronic communications for training purposes, to check instructions given to us, and to improve the quality of our customer service.
Customers who complete product and/or seller reviews are providing extra with full ownership and license to re-publish their reviews in any marketing material and publish on the website and in marketing material without further customer consent based on the submission of the review.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to limit the number of items selected per person, per household, or order on ‘My shopping cart’.
Your shopping cart capacity is limited to two (2) pieces per item, and the quantity limitation may be changed during the promotion periods.
The mentioned limitations may apply to orders placed by the same account, the same credit card / ATM card, and also to orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. We will provide notification to the customer should such limits be applied.
While the website strives to provide accurate product information (such as stock availability, pricing, product features, images, and specifications) and services information, typographical errors may occur.
The colors of our products that appear on the Website will be displayed as accurately as possible. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
Publishing any form of product/service information (including -but not limited to marketing communication, ads, offers, magazines, and flyers) on the website does not guarantee stock, offer and price available online or in-store.
eXtra reserves the right to stop any special promotions on the website in case the quantities go out of stock, promotion duration expiry, or going out of stock with the gifts that come with the promotion.
If a product/service is listed and invoiced at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product/service information, the website team has the right, to either contact you for clarification or to cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
Still, in our effort to provide you with the lowest prices in BAHRAIN, store pricing will sometimes differ from the website prices due to some online exclusive offers. “Price Match Policy” is applied based on a specific list of competitors which might not include some specialized online markets/stores.
Stock availability and pricing are subject to change without prior notice.
All Prices and Fees are inclusive of VAT as applicable - unless stated otherwise.
Shipment processing dates depend on your order, city, and your payment type. Please note that Pre Orders might not match the standard shipping time shown on the product page.
Saving the environment, we do not ship paper invoices with the orders, you will receive a payment notification upon completing your order, and you will receive the electronic invoice via email within 24 hours from receiving your shipment.
eXtra is not responsible for the data registered by the customers on the order, and this data can be modified only before the shipment starts. Once the shipment starts, the registered information cannot be modified and the delivery will be processed to the registered information of the order, otherwise, you can cancel the order and make another order with different information.
The product page is updated regularly based on the latest information. Delivery is also dependent on the customer accepting and arranging delivery with the courier or eXtra delivery team.
Small item delivery through couriers:
Delivery Charges: Free for orders with 9.9 BHD or above | 1.5 BHD for orders under 9.9 BHD.
Cash on Delivery Charges: 1.5 BHD cash on delivery charge.
Large item delivery through eXtra (including Air conditioners):
Delivery Charges: Free.
In case you make an online order that includes large and small appliances together, delivery might take place in different shipments at different times.
The eXtra team does not install TV screens of 50” size or less.
In case you need to return a product for a personal reason that is not related to manufacturing defects, you can do the return within 15 days if the purchase was from the website, and showroom, noting that 10 BHD will be deducted as delivery fees in case if the home delivery service has been completed.
Express Delivery Terms and Conditions:
Express Delivery fees are 2.5 BHD added to the order’s value.
Express delivery option is available for the selected products purchased before 9:00 pm in the selected cities considering the home delivery coverage terms and conditions.
eXtra delivers the purchased products to the registered contact person who has been registered during the online purchasing process, or the required collector information if available.
In an emergency/unplanned situation that may prevent delivering the purchased product on the same day, eXtra commits to handling the customer's request with a priority according to the situation & causes.
Items delivered without installation:
Delivery service is also available according to the conditions mentioned previously with no installation for some items such as:
- Built-in products: such as built-in cooking appliances, air hoods, etc.
- Outdoor units: such as garden chairs set, tents, barbecue equipment, etc.
- Massage chairs and their attachments.
Home Delivery Geo Pin-Location Service:
- In case the pinned location is not matching the same selected city and area in the order’s home delivery address, the order will be subject to the delivery coverage terms and conditions.
- In case the pinned location is not within the home delivery coverage, the customer has the option to pick up the order from the nearest store to the coverage zone, otherwise, the order is subject to be cancelled within 30 days.
Can't wait for delivery? Collect from the store!
Simply place your order online, choose the "Collect from store" delivery option, and we will arrange your selected product(s) for collection in your chosen store.
The service is available from all eXtra stores for small products only. While placing your order, check the product(s) page – exceptions may apply.
For confirmed "Collect from store" orders, customer will receive within (2) hours e-mail or SMS notification from extra.com showing where & when the product(s) is ready for collection.
The following collection and reservation rules are applicable:
- You must show the message that includes the order number and its readiness for collection.
- Order will be handed to the holder of the collection message
The website provides the possibility to purchase product(s) and /or service(s) online and to set the payment online or in-store based on shipping and, delivery method available in Bahrain. Payment transactions including authorizations and settlements will be in Bahraini Dinar.
We accept the following modes of payment:
- For in-store payment transactions: bank credit cards / ATM cards, debit cards, span, cash or, eXtra gift cards.
- For online payment transactions: SADAD payment system, bank credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and AMEX), ATM cards only for those cards issued by Banks of BAHRAIN through internet payment gateway service provider.
Purchases using gift cards, vouchers, credit cards or using pay in installments service cannot be refunded in cash, and refund is processed using the same original payment method of the invoice.
For online payment transactions, the customer will receive an order acknowledgment once the payment has been authorized. We do not hold any liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit card / ATM card supplier for any reason. You should check your bank credit card / ATM card supplier for that.
We do not store your credit card / ATM card details on the website. All payment details which are entered through the website payment gateway are encrypted when you enter them. Communications to and from the service provider’s site are encrypted.
We do not provide any of your payment information obtained via the web to other companies or individuals unless required by law.
Credit card / ATM card details provided by you for benefiting from the online service must be truthful, valid and accurate and you shall use the credit card that is lawfully owned by you. The provided information will not be utilized or shared by the online service with any of the third parties unless required for fraud verifications or by law, regulation, or court order.
The online service will not be liable for any credit card fraud. The liability for use of a card fraudulently will be on you and the responsibility to prove otherwise shall be exclusively on you.
In the event that we are unable to supply the full or part of the order, we will inform you accordingly. A full or partial refund will be given -through credit card / ATM card that you have already been charged for.
Using the online payments facility of the website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use this facility.
- If the order value is more than the redeemed value of the Loyalty Program or e-Gift Card, the customer can pay the remaining amount using any Debit/Credit Card.
extra reserves the right to cancel the order due to any of the following reasons:
- Payment rejection.
- Customer delayed for more than 1.5 hour to settle the payment for his bill reference number by SADAD.
- Buying more than 2 pcs of the same item (quantity limitations may vary during promotion durations and it will be preannounced).
- Customer no-show or delay for more than 7 days in collecting his (paid online) “Collect from store” orders.
- Wrong delivery address given by customer or wrong contact details due to customer is not reachable.
Cancelation by customer:
- In case if you ask for cancellation after shipping the order, cancellation fees may apply.
- You can cancel the order by rejecting to receive it or by dropping it to the nearest store.
In case if you need to return the product(s) which you have purchased online within 15 days of receiving the product, you can request a return/refund considering the exclusions mentioned below, and in condition of not using this product and it is still in original conditions with all accessories,, manuals and gifts (if any). Some charges might apply due to return.
- Software, video games.
- Due to hygienic reasons Health & Beauty products (shavers, epilators, oral/ dental care…) are not subject to any return, replacement or refund, unless found defective within (15) days.
- Mobile phones, computers, gaming devices are not subject to any return, replacement or refund, unless found Defective within (15) days.
- Printers, faxes, copy machines, supplies and accessories are not subject to any return, replacement or refund, unless found Defective within (15) days.
In case if you return a product that included a gift, the gift’s value will be deducted in case if it was used or if you prefer to keep it.
Receiving the shipment with your order’s number from the courier is considered an acknowledgment that the shipment is in good condition and was not opened before delivery.
While preparing for a return, product must be in its original packing with full set of accessories and manuals included.
We do not accept return of products which have scratches, are damaged as a result of misuse, or malfunction due to wrong voltage connection.
At our sole discretion, we may reject returns that do not match the above criteria.
For the Combined offers that contain set of more than one product, was purchased in a one-set offer, please be aware that the return policy accepts only to return the full set, not partially, with considering that the products must be in the original status.
In Accordance to central bank terms of internal wire-transfers (Refund Transactions), the customer's information of the beneficiary must be matched to the customer's bank account information (Full name, ID or residence ID, Bank name and Bank's account number- IBAN), this is to avoid any delay or rejection that might be reported by the bank which we want to transfer the refund into it (destination), where in case the customer’s information does not match with the bank account information of the beneficiary, there will be a delay or It may require to re-process it again after providing the correct data according to the legal provisions in the Kingdom of BAHRAIN.
Products sold by us are covered by (1) years manufacturer’s warranty. The minimal manufacturer’s warranty takes effect from the date of purchase. eXtra extended warranty services (also named Force 24/7 Services contract) are available for many categories of products that we sell.
You must check and read owner manual before using the product to make sure it meets all safety, security and electrical local requirements.
Unless specified, electrical products that se well are designed to work on 220-240 Volts. If you do not have appropriate installation to operate at this electrical voltage, we do not recommend you use the product. Products damaged due to use with wrong electrical sources and / or supplies will not be accepted under manufacturer’s warranty terms and conditions.
All products sold by us have received quality control approvals and are deemed to be functional when shipped by us. After (15) days from the date you receive the product, if there is any problem with the purchased product, it is recommended to directly contact manufacturer’s authorized service center in BAHRAIN to get repair for the product.
You can contact us on 80008300 to obtain manufacturer’s authorized service center locations and contact details.
- This service Contract is not transferable to any subsequent owner of the Protected Device.
- The Accidental Damage Protection Service contract must be purchased at the same date and time of purchasing device, and should be in the same invoice.
- This Accidental Damage Protection Service subscription is for one non-renewable year.
- This service is exclusive to the device’s IMEI registered on eXtra’s system and Service Contract.
- The Customer is entitled to a maximum of 2 services for repair on the protected goods or 1 replacement for the duration of the Service Contract.
- The maximum limit for the repair or replacement costs for the whole duration of the Accidental Damage Protection Service contract will be in any case, the purchase value of the protected good.
- In case of replacement, the customer will be given same model as the protected device or a like for like device excluding any Accessories such as covers, protectors, chargers, and earphones.
- The customer must contact eXtra within a maximum period of 15 working days from the date of the Accidental Damage event.
- The Accidental Damage Protection Annual Service contract shall automatically terminate upon claiming 2 repairs or when the protected device is replaced with a new device without prejudice to the exclusions of these general conditions and the covered limits.
- Processing time of claim shall not exceed 15 days from the commencement of the service request, at the event of exceeding the time limit, the customer shall be compensated.
- eXtra shall provide genuine parts and shall not void the manufacturer warranty for any Protected Device.
- This contract is valid only in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- This service is not valid for mobile devices under 80 BD.
- This service is for mobile phones and tablets only, and is not eligible for any other types of devices.
- The customer must present the original invoice of the Protected Device and the Service Contract to use the service.
- Devices are subject to information loss in the process of repair and replacement, unless the customer purchased the additional transfer or backup service from extra within different contract.
- In the case of replacement, the ownership of the old device is automatically transferred to eXtra.
- In case of returned devices to eXtra within 15 days from the purchase date, 100% of subscription fees will be refund subject to no damage on the protected device (Return & Exchange Terms and Conditions Apply).
- The customer shall:
- Take all reasonable precautions to minimize any damage or loss.
- Contact eXtra as soon as possible to notify the damage.
- To provide eXtra with all relevant information as may be required.
- The Customer approves that any user/ password, email or applications (pre-set and/or installed) should be removed from the protected device at the time of service. The customer will give all requested information to eXtra to access the protected device.
- Backup copy of the device’s data should be done by the Customer before handing the Protected Device to eXtra for repair/ replacement service.
- By purchasing this service, the customer agrees to the full understanding of the Service Contract terms and conditions.
The following cases are excluded from the scope of the Accidental Damage Protection Service Contract:
- Repairs or replacements of the device conducted outside eXtra.
- Any Force Majeure events.
- Accidental damage or losses that occur outside the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Normal wear and tear, obsolescence, corrosion and rust, even where this entails fading or loss of enamel coating on the screen.
- Slight damage of the Protected Device, including but not limited to chips at edges or minimal damage such as scratches, dents and any other purely cosmetic damages which do not impair visibility and normal use of the terminal. Slight damage shall not include cracking of the screen.
- Failures caused by mishandling or inadequate use, including but not limited to: heat or cold exceeding the manufacturer’s indications, and voltage changes.
- Accidental damages of accessories, such as remote controls, adapters, batteries, hands-free kit, chargers, transformers, external cables or any consumable parts.
- Software (including operating systems) loss or failure, configurations of user settings, or the process of backing up or recovery of data, loss, corruption, or damage to data operating systems, damages caused by viruses or any kind of software issue, and software programs that are installed in the device that renders the Protected Device inoperative.
- Intentional Damage or damage due to negligence or misuse.
- The loss, theft or mislaying of the Protected Device.
- Repairs, replacements, modifications made to the device of a non-authorized technician or any type of self-repair or attempt to self-repair or use of the device not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or not authorized by the manufacturer or eXtra.
- Damages not attributable to a single specific event as listed in this Service contract.
- Loss or damage caused by incorrect storage, poor maintenance, wellful negligence, incorrect installation, incorrect set up, unless the authorized service centre representative would confirm otherwise with due substantiation.
- Loss or damage that is covered by a supplier, dealer or factory warranty.
- The Accidental Damage Service Contract is not applicable if the model number, or IMEI or Serial number sticker (previously registered) of the Protected Device is removed, altered, damaged, defaced, smudged or erased, or if a different model, IMEI or Serial Number is stated other that the one on the Service Contract.
- Digital Cards issued are valid for Middle East region, gamers profiles.
- Issued cards CAN NOT be returned or refunded at any of eXtra Stores across KSA, Oman and Bahrain.
- Issued cards validity and activation/Redeeming information and instruction are found within the email sent to a customer with the digital code.
- If a customer has an issue with a purchased Gaming Card or Software Card, he/she should contact the product`s owner (Microsoft & Sony).
- Digital Cards activation or subscription or redemption in normal circumstances will be sent within 2 hours from his order placement, unless delayed for any technical problem.
- Digital Cards, CAN NOT be purchase as a Collect From Sores order.
- Cash on Delivery Payment option IS NOT enabled for Digital Cards.
- Customers should receive their digital code in his/her email provided during order submission, within 2 hours in regular/normal situations.
Terms & Conditions apply separately for each Special Offer, in addition to the General Terms and Conditions of eXtra.
Please review the Terms & Conditions of each offer once announced.
Pre orders are guaranteed in terms of customer orders, once payment is confirmed extra.com will guarantee your pre order device or item however delivery times are based on supplier lead times and cannot be guaranteed.
Pre order delivery dates and collect from store dates may differ based on supplier delivery and customer city of delivery or collection. Final dates and time will be communicated to customer once supplier stock arrives by sms, email or phone to customer. Estimated dates are estimates based on supplier delivery into BAHRAIN not nationwide customer delivery dates.
We reserve the right, to cancel any pre order due to failure of delivery from our suppliers. extra.com will always do its very best to fulfil all pre orders and delivery within the estimated delivery time, however the estimated delivery time is based on the lead time from the supplier and is not a confirmed delivery date.
extra.com will always do its very best to all fulfil all collect from store pre orders and make the order available at the earliest possible time based on supplier delivery and store opening times however the estimated collection time is based on the lead time from the supplier and is not a confirmed collection date. Final dates and time will be communicated to customer once supplier stock arrives by sms, email or phone to customer. Note pre orders are not included within the 2-hour collect from store promise.
All pre order customers will receive updates from extra.com if the delivery date changes and as soon as extra.com receive further delivery information from the supplier.
If the supplier fails to deliver the pre order on time, extra.com does not hold any liability for delays and will not share any compensation with the customer for delayed Pre orders beyond the originally stated estimated delivery date.
Customers can at any time request for a full refund on any pre order and their order will be refunded in the standard process and time.
- Please keep and save the original invoice to benefit from the AC installation service.
- eXtra have the right to reject exchanging or returning the AC after the installation.
- After the installation is complete, the AC will be under the supplier warranty and responsible for any required service or repair within the warranty period.
- The customer is kindly requested to make the installation site ready (civil work, decoration, plumping, Water drainage...) to ease the installation operation, and to provide suitable electricity.
- eXtra will not install the AC in case of concrete wall and requires opening a hole.
- eXtra installation team is not responsible for electric wiring.
- Maximum allowed height for the scaffolding is 3 meters.
- eXtra is not responsible for the cooling efficiency inside the manhole.
- eXtra is not responsible for the cooling efficiency if the installation site size is not compatible with the AC capacity.
- The customer has to pay the value of the additional pipes or any other additional costs prior to the installation.
- eXtra is not responsible for the quality of the pre-installed pipes at the installation site.
- In case the customer did not attend the booked appointment maximum within half an hour then eXtra will cancel the appointment, and the customer has to book another appointment.
eXtra provide you with various credit card installment option plans, the plans change regularly and are based on eXtra and bank promotions, noting that some installment plans are online exclusive and not available in the store.
All plans are subject to a transaction fee please further details upon checkout where you will find the latest plans and participating banks, click pay by Credit card installment to see the plans.
Please call the credit card issuing bank which you have used for purchasing to determine the installment of your order’s value. Total order value will be blocked until the installment process is done through the bank.
According to bank’s policies, products purchased using installment on credit card service cannot be returned.
All installments have a minimum order value, please see checkout for further details.
eXtra is not responsible for the installment plan or the financial resolution of the installment - this is the responsibility of the customer and the bank.
eXtra do not accept any liability or responsibility in regard to the financial reconciliation and processing of the installment.
In case the sold item is not received within a maximum of 30 days from the invoice date, eXtra will not be responsible for keeping the item in its warehouses & will be obliged, unfortunately, to cancel the invoice. The customer will be entitled for only a full refund as per the normal refund policy.
For the furniture and homeware items, the home delivery does not include the installation service and warranty conditions may not apply.
- This is not a credit card.
- This card is rechargeable.
- No cash refund for the gift card.
- United Electronics Company (eXtra) is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards.
- This card is valid at all United Electronics Company (eXtra) stores in Kingdom of Bahrain only.
- Valid for one year from the data of issue.
You can register a complaint if the delivery promise is not fulfilled on time for your order, or the home delivery service is not met according to the official policy, as well as if the maintenance service that you requested is not completed on the agreed timelines according to the services terms and conditions, and also if the required product or its published specifications on our website are inaccurate, you can register a complaint by calling the contact center via our unified number 80008300 during the following times (Week days from 9 am to 8 pm, except Friday & Saturday from 9:00AM to 6 pm), or by visiting the customer service center in the nearest store during the official working hours, or by contacting our customer service through the social media channels 24/7:
When you register a complaint, a text message (SMS) will be received directly that includes the complaint reference number, which you can use to follow up on the status using this number by reaching the call center employees or customer service at the stores during our official working hours.
Please note that your complaint may take a maximum of 48 working hours from the concerned department, and you will be contacted via the registered mobile number to the complaint, to inform you with the followed procedures to address your complaint, as well as the time required to complete the required procedures according to the related policy or service.
You can submit your refund request if the delivery is not fulfilled on time for your order, or the home delivery service is not met according to the official policy within a period that is not exceeding 15 working days, where you can contact the call center service via our unified number 80008300 during the following times (Week days from 9 am to 8 pm, except Friday & Saturday from 9:00AM to 6 pm), or by visiting the customer service center in the nearest store during the official working hours, or by contacting our customer service through the social media channels 24/7:
When you register a refund request, a text message (SMS) will be sent directly that includes the reference number of the request, and you can follow up on the status of the request using this number with the call center agents or the customer service at the stores during our official working hours.
Please note that the refund process will take a maximum period of 15 working days from the date of refund request.